~Donations~

DONATIONS:
NO LONGER TAKING DONATIONS.


If you would like more information, have any questions,
you can email me at mcg11223344@yahoo.com


Saturday 16 December 2017

November and December (Merry Christmas!)

(Photo: Getting ready for out Santa street outreach last Friday night)
Hello friends and family!
I am so excited to be writing to you and updating you on the cool new things happening here in Tokyo! It has been about 2 months since I updated last, and it has all gone by so fast. Thank you for waiting and thank you for reading! 
Thank you to those who have donated to my mission here in Japan and to those who have been continually praying for me. I am very thankful to you!


HALLOWEEN OUTREACH (Fall Festival)

This past November we had an incredibly fun time with a local outreach we did at our base. We had lots of games and events. One of the events was a pinnate! Most kids in Japan (and adults) don't know what a pinnate is, so we like to introduce it to them at our holiday events.  
There was also a magic show that one of our staff did, and we told a pumpkin story that pointed to Jesus and his love for us. 
We gave out SO much candy! I made 2 games for the event and invited people to help me run them.
This time really opened up a great chance to make relationships, and build connections. 
It was completely created out of our own pockets as well. We gave out Japanese tracks in every persons gift bags too. 
And it went amazing! Thank you Jesus!





CHRISTMAS PARTY OUTREACH
Staying on the topic of our holiday outreaches, we also had two really great Christmas party outreaches this past week! One event for University and young adults and another for family and any age group. (I helped with the family outreach only. But am happy that the university event happened and it went well.)
  It was on a smaller scale than the halloween outreach, but more people came. We had tons of sweets, cookie decorating, pictures with Santa and story time with Santa! We also sang Christmas carols and did a small Christmas play about the birth of Jesus. (I was the donkey). We were able to share the gospel to everyone who came and handed out tracks in their welcome bags. It wen't very well and I was happy to be able to invite many of my Japanese friends to come.


ENGLISH TEACHING
I started teaching English to kids once a week! Its more of an extra study class for them, but I'm teaching it. Its for an hour every Wednesday. I teach 4 kids for an hour, then for about 2 hours the kids play and I sit down and we chat with the Moms and go through bible verses in English, and while doing so share about Jesus. I took over from one of the other YWAM staff that has been doing it for a while now. She is moving on from doing this, so I felt I wanted to give it a try. A lady from my church who is a missionary here from Korea, started this with the heart to reach kids and their families. She has been reaching out to these families for a while and she is starting to see fruit. I'm very happy to partner with her. It has been challenging and I don't know what I'm doing when I'm teaching, but the kids are great. 

EXTRA JAPANESE CLASSES

I started taking extra Japanese language classes once a week for an hour and a half from our local library! I have been studying for almost 4 years with another teacher once a week with our ywam required lessons, but I was really wanting more time but didn't really have the money to pay for more time with our teachers, so, I heard about lessons for 300yen (about $3) a month near by. So I decided to go and it has been amazing! It has really pushed me to study more. My Japanese teacher speaks little to no English, so all her explanations and teaching me is in Japanese. (we all have one on one teachers in one room). 
Also with this awesome opportunity comes more opportunities! This program that does the Japanese classes also has outside events along with special stuff after class (like the picture of the cpr dummy). 
I have gotten to go to a cooking class (all in Japanese), and also to a park and zoo! Both events were loads of fun and I got to meet and talk with new people. Foreigners from all over the world and also with Japanese. It has really been a blessing. I hope God is able to use these connections and use me to reach these people as well.


FRIDAY NIGHT OUTREACH
We have still been continuing our street evangelism outreaches on Friday nights. For the Christmas holiday season, we have a special event we do. We have a pretty nice Santa suit, so we take one of our staff and dress him as Santa and have a sign that says "free hugs with Santa!" and people get hugs and candy canes with verses on them! We also sing Christmas carols! It's fun and our heart is to spread the joy and love of God to as many people as we can. 
This year we did a prayer walk/Santa hugs and caroling through the Ikebukuro red light district. It was quite a shock for the people there but most all of them laughed and enjoyed the large group of foreigners strutting through the street with a big Santa who was ready to hug. 


10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY
In November we celebrated YWAM Tokyo's 10 year anniversary with praise, thanks to God and fellowship. We invited people outside of YWAM who have really been a big part of our growth as well. It was a precious event that really helped us to step back and see what God has really done and how he has truly worked in and through us. I am thankful to be a part of this community that praises God for what he has done. Thank you Jesus!


PRAYING FOR OUR BUILDING
I realized as writing this that this building has truly been a huge part of our missions outreach. We do discipleship schools here, host teams and short term mission groups, host outreach events to Japanese people, and almost all of our staff live here. We are so grateful to this amazing building that holds us so well. Thank you Jesus for this building! 
Please be praying!
We really desire to buy this building and its land! We are only renting it now, but one day hope to call it our own. Please pray we get the finances for it in this year to come! 


THANK YOU!!

(picture: singing carols in the part)

I would just like to say thank you again to everyone who has poured into me and also who have supported me financially and in prayer! I keep you in my prayers often! 

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!


Contact:
email: mcg11223344@yahoo.com (or) micaelamcginnis123@gmail.com
Facebook: Micaela McGinnis


Blessings!!
Micaela McGinnis

No comments:

Post a Comment